What is involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration
Find out what the related areas are that Unified Communications and Collaboration connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Unified Communications and Collaboration thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Unified Communications and Collaboration related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Unified Communications and Collaboration, Unified communications, Call control, Collaborative software, Communications service provider, Computer network, Computer speech recognition, Desktop sharing, Digital signage, Emergency communication system, Extension Mobility, Fixed-mobile convergence, IBM Lotus Sametime, IP telephony, Instant messaging, Intelligent network service, Interactive whiteboard, Internet Protocol Television, Juniper Networks, Key telephone system, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows, Mobile collaboration, Mozilla Thunderbird, Network World, Office Communications Server, Phone company, Presence information, Presence service, Private branch exchange, Real-time Transport Protocol, Software as a service, Speech recognition, Telecommunication circuit, Telephone exchange, Unified Communications Interoperability Forum, Unified Communications as a Service, Unified communications management, Unified messaging, Unify GmbH & Co. KG, Video conferencing, Voice over Internet Protocol:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Critical Criteria:
Think about Unified Communications and Collaboration outcomes and get answers.
– What are the disruptive Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Unified Communications and Collaboration project manager?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration Models?
Unified communications Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Unified communications visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Unified Communications and Collaboration product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Why should we adopt a Unified Communications and Collaboration framework?
– Are we Assessing Unified Communications and Collaboration and Risk?
Call control Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Call control issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Call control.
– How can you negotiate Unified Communications and Collaboration successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the business goals Unified Communications and Collaboration is aiming to achieve?
– How do we maintain Unified Communications and Collaborations Integrity?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Detail Collaborative software governance and figure out ways to motivate other Collaborative software users.
– Is the Unified Communications and Collaboration organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What business benefits will Unified Communications and Collaboration goals deliver if achieved?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Discuss Communications service provider issues and maintain Communications service provider for success.
– Think about the people you identified for your Unified Communications and Collaboration project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– What are our Unified Communications and Collaboration Processes?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Computer network visions and revise understanding of Computer network architectures.
– Think about the functions involved in your Unified Communications and Collaboration project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Unified Communications and Collaboration activities?
– Is Supporting Unified Communications and Collaboration documentation required?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Computer speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Focus on Computer speech recognition management and probe the present value of growth of Computer speech recognition.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Unified Communications and Collaboration is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– In what ways are Unified Communications and Collaboration vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are current Unified Communications and Collaboration Paradigms?
Desktop sharing Critical Criteria:
Survey Desktop sharing planning and define Desktop sharing competency-based leadership.
– How important is Unified Communications and Collaboration to the user organizations mission?
Digital signage Critical Criteria:
Canvass Digital signage issues and get answers.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Unified Communications and Collaboration strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is there any existing Unified Communications and Collaboration governance structure?
– What are the short and long-term Unified Communications and Collaboration goals?
Emergency communication system Critical Criteria:
Coach on Emergency communication system governance and cater for concise Emergency communication system education.
– Which customers cant participate in our Unified Communications and Collaboration domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we Lead with Unified Communications and Collaboration in Mind?
Extension Mobility Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Extension Mobility risks and oversee Extension Mobility management by competencies.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Unified Communications and Collaboration experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Unified Communications and Collaboration leader?
Fixed-mobile convergence Critical Criteria:
Judge Fixed-mobile convergence goals and describe which business rules are needed as Fixed-mobile convergence interface.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Unified Communications and Collaboration requirements in detail?
IBM Lotus Sametime Critical Criteria:
Interpolate IBM Lotus Sametime governance and develop and take control of the IBM Lotus Sametime initiative.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Unified Communications and Collaboration moving forward?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Unified Communications and Collaboration move?
– Who sets the Unified Communications and Collaboration standards?
IP telephony Critical Criteria:
Give examples of IP telephony visions and spearhead techniques for implementing IP telephony.
– What are the key elements of your Unified Communications and Collaboration performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Unified Communications and Collaboration, including any consulting or professional services?
– How can the value of Unified Communications and Collaboration be defined?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Instant messaging quality and be persistent.
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are all of our Unified Communications and Collaboration domains and what do they do?
– What are the barriers to increased Unified Communications and Collaboration production?
Intelligent network service Critical Criteria:
Add value to Intelligent network service risks and develop and take control of the Intelligent network service initiative.
– Will Unified Communications and Collaboration have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Why are Unified Communications and Collaboration skills important?
Interactive whiteboard Critical Criteria:
X-ray Interactive whiteboard strategies and figure out ways to motivate other Interactive whiteboard users.
– How do we know that any Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is the scope of Unified Communications and Collaboration defined?
Internet Protocol Television Critical Criteria:
Align Internet Protocol Television tasks and plan concise Internet Protocol Television education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Unified Communications and Collaboration project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Unified Communications and Collaboration effort?
Juniper Networks Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Juniper Networks issues and assess and formulate effective operational and Juniper Networks strategies.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Unified Communications and Collaboration in a volatile global economy?
– How do we Identify specific Unified Communications and Collaboration investment and emerging trends?
Key telephone system Critical Criteria:
Canvass Key telephone system strategies and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Key telephone system projects.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Face Lotus Notes tactics and work towards be a leading Lotus Notes expert.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Unified Communications and Collaboration been identified and analyzed?
Microsoft Outlook Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Microsoft Outlook issues and overcome Microsoft Outlook skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are specific Unified Communications and Collaboration Rules to follow?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration problems defined?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Microsoft Windows issues and gather Microsoft Windows models .
– What are our best practices for minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Unified Communications and Collaboration project lifecycle?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Unified Communications and Collaboration objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Mobile collaboration Critical Criteria:
Map Mobile collaboration visions and get answers.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Unified Communications and Collaboration does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we go about Securing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Mozilla Thunderbird Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Mozilla Thunderbird projects and display thorough understanding of the Mozilla Thunderbird process.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Unified Communications and Collaboration processes of our organization?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Network World visions and point out Network World tensions in leadership.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis show the relationships among important Unified Communications and Collaboration factors?
– What are the long-term Unified Communications and Collaboration goals?
Office Communications Server Critical Criteria:
Think about Office Communications Server quality and oversee Office Communications Server management by competencies.
Phone company Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Phone company visions and find the essential reading for Phone company researchers.
Presence information Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Presence information leadership and optimize Presence information leadership as a key to advancement.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Can we do Unified Communications and Collaboration without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What threat is Unified Communications and Collaboration addressing?
Presence service Critical Criteria:
Scan Presence service governance and research ways can we become the Presence service company that would put us out of business.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Unified Communications and Collaboration information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Private branch exchange Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Private branch exchange tasks and define what our big hairy audacious Private branch exchange goal is.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Unified Communications and Collaboration products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Think of your Unified Communications and Collaboration project. what are the main functions?
Real-time Transport Protocol Critical Criteria:
Survey Real-time Transport Protocol planning and secure Real-time Transport Protocol creativity.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Unified Communications and Collaboration leaders?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Software as a service leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Software as a service.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What are internal and external Unified Communications and Collaboration relations?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Drive Speech recognition failures and describe the risks of Speech recognition sustainability.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Unified Communications and Collaboration process?
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Telecommunication circuit Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Telecommunication circuit tactics and correct Telecommunication circuit management by competencies.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Unified Communications and Collaboration that make it risky?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– How can you measure Unified Communications and Collaboration in a systematic way?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Gauge Telephone exchange projects and arbitrate Telephone exchange techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we go about Comparing Unified Communications and Collaboration approaches/solutions?
– Do we have past Unified Communications and Collaboration Successes?
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum Critical Criteria:
Add value to Unified Communications Interoperability Forum planning and report on setting up Unified Communications Interoperability Forum without losing ground.
– How likely is the current Unified Communications and Collaboration plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Unified Communications as a Service Critical Criteria:
Use past Unified Communications as a Service decisions and acquire concise Unified Communications as a Service education.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Unified Communications and Collaboration values?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– Is a Unified Communications and Collaboration Team Work effort in place?
Unified communications management Critical Criteria:
Own Unified communications management tactics and revise understanding of Unified communications management architectures.
– How is the value delivered by Unified Communications and Collaboration being measured?
Unified messaging Critical Criteria:
Talk about Unified messaging governance and customize techniques for implementing Unified messaging controls.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Unified Communications and Collaboration into the services that we provide?
Unify GmbH & Co. KG Critical Criteria:
Mix Unify GmbH & Co. KG adoptions and change contexts.
– Can we add value to the current Unified Communications and Collaboration decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Read up on Video conferencing failures and grade techniques for implementing Video conferencing controls.
– Is maximizing Unified Communications and Collaboration protection the same as minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration loss?
– Are accountability and ownership for Unified Communications and Collaboration clearly defined?
– What are the usability implications of Unified Communications and Collaboration actions?
Voice over Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Consider Voice over Internet Protocol decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Voice over Internet Protocol relationship management.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Unified Communications and Collaboration External links:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Market Trends
Unified Communications and Collaboration – SYNNEX
Unified Communications and Collaboration Solutions | TPx
Unified communications External links:
Unified Communications & Collaboration | NEC
OUC | Office of Unified Communications
Call control External links:
Call Control Android
Call Control! on the App Store – iTunes – Apple
Virtual Phone System for Complete Call Control | RingCentral
Collaborative software External links:
XHANDU Home The First Realtime Collaborative Software
Dicolab – Creators of multi-user collaborative software
Collaborative software solutions from MultiTaction
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Computer network External links:
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
Computer speech recognition External links:
[PDF]Computer Speech Recognition and Language …
Desktop sharing External links:
Ammyy Admin – Free Remote Desktop Sharing and …
Join a Desktop Sharing Session | www.mikogo.com
Digital signage External links:
Business Music Service and Digital Signage – UMix
Screenly – Digital Signage for the Raspberry Pi
The Marlin Company – Digital Signage | Workplace …
Emergency communication system External links:
1-17-C047: Emergency Communication System | …
Emergency Communication System Overview – Cornell
Emergency Communication System – UTA
Extension Mobility External links:
Extension Mobility service redundancy | Cisco Communities
Extension Mobility – YouTube
RSconnect – Single Sign-On (SSO) Extension Mobility Client
IBM Lotus Sametime External links:
IBM Lotus Sametime Connect for browsers
IBM Lotus Sametime Standard 8.0.2 – United States
IP telephony External links:
IP Telephony Voice over IP (VoIP) – Cisco
Why Choose ShoreTel? IP Telephony & UC Solutions
Instant messaging External links:
ICE Instant Messaging
Business Instant Messaging Software | LivePerson
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
Intelligent network service External links:
INSO means Intelligent Network Service Operator – All …
Patent EP0722257B1 – Intelligent network service …
[PDF]Requirements for intelligent network service …
Interactive whiteboard External links:
Annotate | Mobile Interactive Whiteboard, Student …
DTEN – Interactive Whiteboard Display Designed for …
Interactive Whiteboard Games | PBS KIDS
Internet Protocol Television External links:
IPTV: Internet Protocol Television • r/IPTV – Reddit-IPTV
Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) – Gartner IT Glossary
Home – Expat TellyExpat Telly | Internet Protocol Television
Juniper Networks External links:
Juniper Networks SDN and NFV Channel at SDxCentral
Juniper Networks Certification Program :: Pearson VUE
Juniper Networks – Sunnyvale, CA
Key telephone system External links:
[PDF]KEY TELEPHONE SYSTEM GROUNDING AND …
[PDF]Emerald ICE Digital Key Telephone System
key telephone system (KTS) – BusinessDictionary.com
Lotus Notes External links:
How to Configure the Lotus Notes Client
How to connect Microsoft Outlook with Lotus Notes e …
What Is Lotus Notes? – julian robichaux
Microsoft Outlook External links:
NK2Edit: Edit AutoComplete files (.NK2) of Microsoft Outlook
Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook
The Outlook ribbon disappears from Microsoft Outlook …
Microsoft Windows External links:
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site
Mobile collaboration External links:
Mobile Collaboration – Send Word Now
Mobile Collaboration | Plantronics
Mobile Collaboration Platform – eesyQ
Mozilla Thunderbird External links:
How to Install Add‐ons to Mozilla Thunderbird: 10 Steps
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email program that offers a range of options for PC users without access to robust paid software like Microsoft Outlook. Allowing
Network World External links:
NHL Network World Junior Championship Game Schedule | NHL.com
Novosti mira – Information and advertising network World …
Office Communications Server External links:
Download Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 …
Download Office Communications Server 2007 and 2007 …
Phone company External links:
BELL LABORATORIES RECORD -The ‘Phone Company…
Presence information External links:
Configure presence information – technet.microsoft.com
Phone Presence Information | RingCentral
Presence service External links:
The Newburgh Ministry, Inc. – Presence Service …
Presence Service Corporation in Mokena, IL | Company …
Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
Private branch exchange External links:
PBX (private branch exchange) – Gartner IT Glossary
PBX (Private Branch eXchange) – The Tech-FAQ
What is private branch exchange (PBX) ? – Definition …
Real-time Transport Protocol External links:
Display Filter Reference: Real-Time Transport Protocol
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
FinTech Software as a Service for AP, AR & HR | DataServ
Speech recognition External links:
TalkTyper – Speech Recognition in a Browser
Speech API – Speech Recognition | Google Cloud Platform
Use speech recognition
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum External links:
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum
http://The Unified Communications Interoperability Forum is a non-profit alliance between communications technology vendors. It was announced on May 19, 2010, with the vision to maximize the interoperability of UC based on existing standards. Founding members of UCIF were HP, Microsoft, Polycom, Logitech / LifeSize Communications, and Juniper Networks. On July 28, 2014 UCIF merged with International Multimedia Telecommunications Consortium into one consortium.
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCIF)
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum …
Unified Communications as a Service External links:
UCaaS, Unified Communications As A Service | Masergy
UCaaS 101: Simplifying Unified Communications as a Service
Unified communications management External links:
Cisco Prime Unified Communications Management | …
[PDF]Using Unified Communications Management (UCM) …
[PDF]Nortel Unified Communications Management …
Unified messaging External links:
AT&T Unified Messaging (SM)
AT&T Voicemail Viewer App | Digital Phone & Unified Messaging
Voice mail in Exchange Online: Unified Messaging
Voice over Internet Protocol External links:
Understanding Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) | US …
[PDF]SA Telephone / VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) …
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works