What is involved in Process mining
Find out what the related areas are that Process mining connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process mining thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process mining journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process mining leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process mining related domains to cover and 125 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process mining, Business Activity Monitoring, Business Operations Management, Business Process Discovery, Business Process Management, Business process, Business process engineering, Business process intelligence, Business process model, Cloud computing, Computer data logging, Conformance checking, Data mining, Data visualization, Database trigger, Electronic health record, Enterprise resource planning, Intention mining, Petri net, Pi-calculus, Prior probability, Process management, Scientific workflow system, Sequence mining, Wil van der Aalst, Workflow, Workflow Management System, Π-calculus:
Process mining Critical Criteria:
Nurse Process mining planning and describe the risks of Process mining sustainability.
– To what extent does management recognize Process mining as a tool to increase the results?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Process mining leaders?
Business Activity Monitoring Critical Criteria:
Check Business Activity Monitoring visions and research ways can we become the Business Activity Monitoring company that would put us out of business.
– Think about the people you identified for your Process mining project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Process mining agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is our Process mining Strategy?
Business Operations Management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Business Operations Management failures and prioritize challenges of Business Operations Management.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Process mining strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does Process mining analysis show the relationships among important Process mining factors?
Business Process Discovery Critical Criteria:
Rank Business Process Discovery risks and get the big picture.
– what is the best design framework for Process mining organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How can you negotiate Process mining successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are internal and external Process mining relations?
Business Process Management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Business Process Management management and reduce Business Process Management costs.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Process mining into the services that we provide?
– Do those selected for the Process mining team have a good general understanding of what Process mining is all about?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Process mining values?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Business process risks and perfect Business process conflict management.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process mining is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Think about the functions involved in your Process mining project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What is the business process?
Business process engineering Critical Criteria:
Investigate Business process engineering quality and describe which business rules are needed as Business process engineering interface.
– Is there a Process mining Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Process mining project?
– What about Process mining Analysis of results?
Business process intelligence Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Business process intelligence leadership and improve Business process intelligence service perception.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Process mining is underway?
– Will Process mining deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Business process model Critical Criteria:
Analyze Business process model decisions and forecast involvement of future Business process model projects in development.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Process mining goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Process mining project?
– How do we go about Comparing Process mining approaches/solutions?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Cloud computing projects and sort Cloud computing activities.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in IT expenditure?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
Computer data logging Critical Criteria:
Infer Computer data logging adoptions and find out what it really means.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Process mining project manager?
– Do the Process mining decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What threat is Process mining addressing?
Conformance checking Critical Criteria:
Start Conformance checking tactics and proactively manage Conformance checking risks.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Process mining models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– In what ways are Process mining vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are accountability and ownership for Process mining clearly defined?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Canvass Data mining outcomes and define Data mining competency-based leadership.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Process mining move?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
– How much does Process mining help?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Confer over Data visualization management and slay a dragon.
– Will Process mining have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– How do we know that any Process mining analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Database trigger Critical Criteria:
Apply Database trigger goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Database trigger projects.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Process mining objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are we Assessing Process mining and Risk?
Electronic health record Critical Criteria:
Investigate Electronic health record governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Electronic health record information.
– What are the disruptive Process mining technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is maximizing Process mining protection the same as minimizing Process mining loss?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Enterprise resource planning visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Enterprise resource planning.
– Do we monitor the Process mining decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How is the value delivered by Process mining being measured?
– Are there Process mining problems defined?
Intention mining Critical Criteria:
Frame Intention mining decisions and probe Intention mining strategic alliances.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Process mining product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Which Process mining goals are the most important?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Petri net management and find the essential reading for Petri net researchers.
– What are our needs in relation to Process mining skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How can skill-level changes improve Process mining?
Pi-calculus Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Pi-calculus issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Pi-calculus is getting what it needs.
– What is the purpose of Process mining in relation to the mission?
– What are the long-term Process mining goals?
Prior probability Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Prior probability quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Prior probability.
– Does Process mining create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we manage Process mining Knowledge Management (KM)?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Look at Process management planning and differentiate in coordinating Process management.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Is Process mining dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Have you identified your Process mining key performance indicators?
Scientific workflow system Critical Criteria:
Start Scientific workflow system tasks and explain and analyze the challenges of Scientific workflow system.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Process mining. How do we gain traction?
Sequence mining Critical Criteria:
Devise Sequence mining issues and shift your focus.
– In the case of a Process mining project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Process mining project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Process mining project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Process mining processes?
Wil van der Aalst Critical Criteria:
Discourse Wil van der Aalst outcomes and ask what if.
– How important is Process mining to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Improve Process mining service perception, and satisfaction?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Workflow planning and define what our big hairy audacious Workflow goal is.
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Process mining project?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– What happens to workflows?
Workflow Management System Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Workflow Management System tactics and catalog Workflow Management System activities.
Π-calculus Critical Criteria:
Mine Π-calculus issues and reduce Π-calculus costs.
– Can we do Process mining without complex (expensive) analysis?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process mining Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process mining External links:
Celonis Process Mining – YouTube
PROCESSGOLD – Professional Process Mining Software
Process Mining for SAP® – Worksoft Inc.
Business Activity Monitoring External links:
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
Business Activity Monitoring | Manufacturing Software | …
Business activity monitoring & inventory management …
Business Operations Management External links:
Business Operations Management, Certificate
4.03 Business Operations Management-worksheet
Business Operations Management | Accenture
Business Process Discovery External links:
[PDF]Business Process Discovery – Cesare Pautasso
British Library EThOS: Business process discovery …
Preparing for Business Process Discovery (Free) | …
Business Process Management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
Business process External links:
Business Process Manager Job Description and Salary
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Business process engineering External links:
What is Business process engineering? – Quora
What Is Business Process Engineering? – Learn.org
Business Process Engineering Salary | PayScale
http://www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
Business process intelligence External links:
Business Process Intelligence – Johari, Gaurav
Business Process Intelligence | Information Systems
CiteSeerX — Business Process Intelligence
Business process model External links:
Business Process Modeling – WhatIs.com
Gliffy Business Process Model Notation: BPMN 2.0 Diagram
[DOC]Business Process Model Template – Penn State …
Cloud computing External links:
CRM Software & Cloud Computing Solutions – Salesforce UK
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Computer data logging External links:
A MICRO-COMPUTER DATA LOGGING SYSTEM – …
[PDF]Computer Data Logging Formats
[PDF]Computer Data Logging – Hampden Engineering …
http://hampden.com/tortoisecms/uploads/files/Wind Tunnel Systems.pdf
Conformance checking External links:
Model-based incremental conformance checking to …
[PDF]Static Conformance Checking of Runtime …
Data mining External links:
Job Titles in Data Mining – KDnuggets
[PDF]Data Mining Mining Text Data – tutorialspoint.com
Data Mining (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Data visualization External links:
AstroNova | Data Visualization Technology & Solutions
NCHS Data Visualization Gallery – Homepage
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Database trigger External links:
What is a Database Trigger? – Essential SQL
Database trigger that communicates with an external program
Electronic health record External links:
What is electronic health record (EHR)? – Definition …
Paragon Electronic Health Record (EHR) System | McKesson
myD-H | eD-H Electronic Health Record of Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
Enterprise Resource Planning
What is ERP (Enterprise resource planning)? – NetSuite.com
Petri net External links:
Safe Petri Net – How is Safe Petri Net abbreviated?
[PDF]Mapping UML Diagrams to a Petri Net Notation for …
What is a Petri Net? | Phrase Definitions – Quora
Pi-calculus External links:
[PDF]pi-calculus-1 – cs.rpi.edu
The pi-calculus in nominal logic – Archive of Formal Proofs
A distributed pi-calculus (eBook, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
Prior probability External links:
prior probability | Hey, where did you get your priors?
Prior Probability – investopedia.com
What is Prior Probability? – Paternity DNA Testing, Tests
Process management External links:
About Business Process Management (BPM) Tools | Appian
What is Business Process Management? – AIIM International
Sales Process Management | ProspectStream
Wil van der Aalst External links:
Wil van der Aalst | Facebook
Wil van der Aalst | Facebook
Wil van der Aalst – Google Scholar Citations
Workflow External links:
WorkFlow – Federal Title
Wide Area Workflow eBusiness Suite – WAWF
Workflow Portal Login – American Title Inc
Workflow Management System External links:
Document Management Software – Workflow Management System
TrackPro | Workflow Management System
Workflow Management System | Issuetrak