What is involved in Social Selling
Find out what the related areas are that Social Selling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Social Selling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Social Selling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Social Selling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Social Selling related domains to cover and 163 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Social Selling, Social marketing, Marketing ethics, Direct marketing, Underwriting spot, Product demonstration, Out-of-home advertising, Marketing activation, Behavioral targeting, Social CRM, Music on hold, Online advertising, Sales promotion, Marketing operations, Product placement, Sales lead, Corporate anniversary, Key performance indicators, Web banner, Market segmentation, Sales techniques, Marketing strategy, Breaking news, Account-based marketing, Marketing effectiveness, Personal selling, Mobile advertising, Aberdeen Group, Web 2.0, Social Selling, Marketing management, Brand licensing, Drip marketing, Visual merchandising, Personal branding, Corporate identity, Loyalty marketing, Corporate propaganda, Sex in advertising, Display advertising, Brand management, New media, Word-of-mouth marketing, Marketing research, Mobile marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Hard sell, Product marketing, Native advertising, Point of sale, Cold call, Brand ambassador:
Social Selling Critical Criteria:
Face Social Selling visions and attract Social Selling skills.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Social Selling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Does our organization need more Social Selling education?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Social marketing strategies and pay attention to the small things.
– Are assumptions made in Social Selling stated explicitly?
– Do we have past Social Selling Successes?
– What are our Social Selling Processes?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Rank Marketing ethics outcomes and mentor Marketing ethics customer orientation.
– Think about the people you identified for your Social Selling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Social Selling ?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Social Selling leaders?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Study Direct marketing issues and acquire concise Direct marketing education.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Social Selling with what users do day-to-day?
– What are our needs in relation to Social Selling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What will drive Social Selling change?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Underwriting spot adoptions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Underwriting spot projects.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Social Selling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Social Selling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who will provide the final approval of Social Selling deliverables?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Product demonstration tactics and find the ideas you already have.
– What is our formula for success in Social Selling ?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Out-of-home advertising results and display thorough understanding of the Out-of-home advertising process.
– What are the disruptive Social Selling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the usability implications of Social Selling actions?
– What about Social Selling Analysis of results?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Meet over Marketing activation quality and look at the big picture.
– In what ways are Social Selling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Social Selling activities?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Probe Behavioral targeting strategies and gather Behavioral targeting models .
– How do we Identify specific Social Selling investment and emerging trends?
– Will Social Selling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Social CRM Critical Criteria:
Value Social CRM governance and integrate design thinking in Social CRM innovation.
– What is the ideal IT architecture for implementing a social CRM SCRM strategy?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– What is the Impact of Social CRM on Customer Support?
– How do you map a Social CRM profile to CRM data?
– What are the best social crm analytics tools?
– How do we Evolve from CRM to Social CRM?
– How can we figure out LTV in Social CRM?
– Are we Assessing Social Selling and Risk?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Refer to Music on hold decisions and pioneer acquisition of Music on hold systems.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Social Selling is underway?
– Among the Social Selling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How will you measure your Social Selling effectiveness?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
See the value of Online advertising leadership and differentiate in coordinating Online advertising.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Social Selling project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Social Selling requirements in detail?
– What threat is Social Selling addressing?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Jump start Sales promotion tactics and stake your claim.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Social Selling move?
– What are the long-term Social Selling goals?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Jump start Marketing operations goals and budget for Marketing operations challenges.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Social Selling?
– How do we go about Comparing Social Selling approaches/solutions?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Look at Product placement goals and innovate what needs to be done with Product placement.
– Is there a Social Selling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is the Social Selling organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Social Selling?
Sales lead Critical Criteria:
Meet over Sales lead governance and transcribe Sales lead as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Social Selling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Why are Social Selling skills important?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Corporate anniversary quality and gather Corporate anniversary models .
– How can skill-level changes improve Social Selling?
Key performance indicators Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Key performance indicators strategies and correct better engagement with Key performance indicators results.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– Have you identified your Social Selling key performance indicators?
– What vendors make products that address the Social Selling needs?
– What are all of our Social Selling domains and what do they do?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Study Web banner issues and slay a dragon.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Social Selling processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Social Selling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is Supporting Social Selling documentation required?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Market segmentation tactics and learn.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Is maximizing Social Selling protection the same as minimizing Social Selling loss?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Social Selling objectives?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Social Selling study?
Sales techniques Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Sales techniques governance and probe Sales techniques strategic alliances.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Social Selling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Think about the functions involved in your Social Selling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are internal and external Social Selling relations?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Marketing strategy results and spearhead techniques for implementing Marketing strategy.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Social Selling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– Do we monitor the Social Selling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– When a Social Selling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Breaking news Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Breaking news visions and get going.
– Does the Social Selling task fit the clients priorities?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Account-based marketing tasks and look for lots of ideas.
– In a project to restructure Social Selling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we maintain Social Sellings Integrity?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Marketing effectiveness goals and define Marketing effectiveness competency-based leadership.
– What is the source of the strategies for Social Selling strengthening and reform?
– Is Social Selling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How can the value of Social Selling be defined?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Discourse Personal selling results and arbitrate Personal selling techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Social Selling in a volatile global economy?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Social Selling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Social Selling been identified and analyzed?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Mobile advertising results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Mobile advertising.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Social Selling process?
Aberdeen Group Critical Criteria:
Scan Aberdeen Group governance and proactively manage Aberdeen Group risks.
– Can we do Social Selling without complex (expensive) analysis?
Web 2.0 Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Web 2.0 results and test out new things.
Social Selling Critical Criteria:
Reason over Social Selling management and explore and align the progress in Social Selling.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Social Selling leader?
– Who sets the Social Selling standards?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Value Marketing management visions and ask questions.
– Do the Social Selling decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
X-ray Brand licensing planning and create a map for yourself.
– Does Social Selling create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How to Secure Social Selling?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Grade Drip marketing issues and forecast involvement of future Drip marketing projects in development.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Social Selling project?
– How will you know that the Social Selling project has been successful?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Drive Visual merchandising management and cater for concise Visual merchandising education.
– For your Social Selling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are there Social Selling problems defined?
Personal branding Critical Criteria:
Shape Personal branding projects and customize techniques for implementing Personal branding controls.
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Corporate identity engagements and point out improvements in Corporate identity.
– What is Effective Social Selling?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Group Loyalty marketing adoptions and finalize specific methods for Loyalty marketing acceptance.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Social Selling processes?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Social Selling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we Lead with Social Selling in Mind?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Track Corporate propaganda adoptions and correct better engagement with Corporate propaganda results.
– How can you negotiate Social Selling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do Social Selling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the barriers to increased Social Selling production?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Explore Sex in advertising strategies and proactively manage Sex in advertising risks.
– How do we Improve Social Selling service perception, and satisfaction?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Review Display advertising risks and define what our big hairy audacious Display advertising goal is.
– Why is Social Selling important for you now?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Brand management governance and gather practices for scaling Brand management.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Social Selling into the services that we provide?
– Does Social Selling analysis show the relationships among important Social Selling factors?
New media Critical Criteria:
Refer to New media planning and find the essential reading for New media researchers.
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Word-of-mouth marketing strategies and report on developing an effective Word-of-mouth marketing strategy.
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Survey Marketing research planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Social Selling. How do we gain traction?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Social Selling that make it risky?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Use past Mobile marketing visions and raise human resource and employment practices for Mobile marketing.
Customer Relationship Management Critical Criteria:
Administer Customer Relationship Management failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– Customer Service What is the future of CRM with regards to Customer Service five years from now, What Technologies would affect it the most and what trends in Customer Service landscape would we see at that time?
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– Is there an integrated FAQ structure already in the exchange that can be tapped and expanded into the CRM for the agents?
– How do we deal with the most important challenge of a crm program: how do we get a single version of the customer truth?
– Is a significant amount of your time taken up communicating with existing clients to resolve issues they are having?
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– Can you make product suggestions based on the customers order or purchase history?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– Do you have a mechanism to collect visitor/customer information?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– Does the current CRM support communication of Tier 3 requests?
– Is the address book synchronization subscription valid?
– Does the user have permission to create activities?
– How can CRM be a source of competitive advantage?
– Is there an IVR abandon rate; if so, what is it?
– Does the user have permission to go offline?
– Is the offline database size acceptable?
– Are there multiple Outlook profiles?
– Do they always buy the same thing?
– What happens to customizations?
Hard sell Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Hard sell tactics and look for lots of ideas.
– In the case of a Social Selling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Social Selling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Social Selling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What business benefits will Social Selling goals deliver if achieved?
– What are specific Social Selling Rules to follow?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Categorize Product marketing adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Product marketing.
– How is the value delivered by Social Selling being measured?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Map Native advertising outcomes and check on ways to get started with Native advertising.
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Refer to Point of sale goals and question.
– How do we know that any Social Selling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Cold call Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Cold call tasks and perfect Cold call conflict management.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Social Selling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Social Selling, including any consulting or professional services?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Investigate Brand ambassador visions and plan concise Brand ambassador education.
– Is a Social Selling Team Work effort in place?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Social Selling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Social Selling External links:
Coaching Social Selling LinkedIn | BGlobal Barcelona …
EveryoneSocial – Social Selling & Employee Advocacy …
PostBeyond | Brand Advocacy & Social Selling
Social marketing External links:
Diversity & Inclusion | Public Policy | Social Marketing
SMANA – Social Marketing Association of North America
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing
Marketing ethics External links:
Understanding Marketing Ethics – CBS News
[PDF]Marketing Ethics – Cengage
Chapter 3 Marketing Ethics Flashcards | Quizlet
Direct marketing External links:
Infinity Direct – Integrated Direct Marketing
Direct Marketing – Investopedia
Direct Mail Company | Direct Marketing Company
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – WOW.com
Seitenbacher Musli Cereal :30 Underwriting Spot (WUSF …
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Product demonstration External links:
AliMed Product Demonstration Videos
iSolved Product Demonstration
Pruvi – Product Demonstration Scheduling
Marketing activation External links:
Clash Of Clans – Experiential Marketing Activation by …
Marketing Activation Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Marketing Activation – Loyaltic
Behavioral targeting External links:
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – TubeMogul
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
Social CRM External links:
Social CRM – Salesforce.com
Social CRM Platform | Sprout Social
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold MP3s – Prerecorded – Flashpoint Studios
Music on Hold | Cox Communications
Music On Hold Messages | Professional Voicemail Greeting
Sales promotion External links:
Levitra Sales Promotion | YourTrustedPharmacyOnline
Sales Promotion – Marketing Teacher
Sales Promotion Flashcards | Quizlet
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Aprimo Marketing Operations Login
Product placement External links:
For Product Placement Marketing, It’s All About the Moolah
Product placement | Futurepedia | FANDOM powered by …
Product Placement Blog
Sales lead External links:
Sales Lead Training Program | Motivational Speaking, …
Salesgenie Professional | Sales Lead Pricing | Salesgenie
Sales Leads Lists and Sales Lead Generation from Experian
Corporate anniversary External links:
30th Corporate Anniversary Event Ideas by Corporate …
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable …
20 Year Corporate Anniversary Gifts for Employees
Key performance indicators External links:
KPI Examples – Types of Key Performance Indicators
Procurement KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) : DeltaBid
DBHDD Key Performance Indicators Dashboard | …
Web banner External links:
Picnic Web Banner | Website Banners – ShareFaith
iKomee – Banner Maker | Free Online Web Banner Design
Logo and web banner | womenshealth.gov
Market segmentation External links:
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
[PDF]Market Segmentation and Energy Efficiency …
Sales techniques External links:
7 Old-School Sales Techniques You Must Avoid
Assumptive Sales Techniques & Tactics | Chron.com
[PDF]Credit Union Sales Techniques Participant Materials
https://www.ncua.gov/Resources/DocumentsGrants/basic cross selling.pdf
Marketing strategy External links:
Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Marketing Strategy
The Modern Marketing Strategy Every Business Should …
Account-based marketing External links:
Social for Account-Based Marketing – MarianaIQ
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | ABM …
Account-Based Marketing – An Overview & Resources
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Effectiveness Measurement | Marketing Analytics
Marketing Analytics Consulting | Marketing Effectiveness
Personal selling External links:
Personal selling chapter 5 Flashcards | Quizlet
personal selling chapter 3 Flashcards | Quizlet
Unit 12: Public Relations, Sales Promotion, & Personal Selling
Mobile advertising External links:
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Location-based Mobile Advertising Solutions |Thinknear …
Aberdeen Group External links:
Aberdeen Group | Latest Research
Aberdeen Group – Home | Facebook
Web 2.0 External links:
Wholesale SEO Services – Web 2.0 Ranker
10 of the Best Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers – Fractus Learning
9 Inventions Edison Did Not Make – Jawad on Web 2.0
Social Selling External links:
Coaching Social Selling LinkedIn | BGlobal Barcelona …
PostBeyond | Brand Advocacy & Social Selling
EveryoneSocial – Social Selling & Employee Advocacy …
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
Brand licensing External links:
Brand Licensing | Meredith
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
The 10 Most Common Brand Licensing Mistakes
Drip marketing External links:
3 Principals For Successful Drip Marketing Campaigns
drip marketing – tenstreet.com
Drip Email Campaign | Drip Marketing Campaign
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual Merchandising & Display Flashcards | Quizlet
Visual Merchandising: How to Display Products In Your Store
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Samples | …
Personal branding External links:
5 Reasons Personal Branding is Non-Negotiable for 2018
Why Personal Branding Is Essential To Career Success
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate Identity (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Corporate Identity – Mark Tittley
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Loyalty marketing External links:
Careers in Loyalty Marketing Solutions – Kobie
Welcome to Fiserv Card Loyalty Marketing
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Corporate propaganda External links:
Media Mindlessly Parrots Corporate Propaganda After …
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Sex in advertising External links:
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Funny Jokes | Sex in Advertising Joke | Comedy Central
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising – …
Display advertising External links:
Google Display Ads & Display Advertising | Google AdWords
About SteelHouse | Digital Marketing & Display Advertising
Best Display Advertising Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Brand management External links:
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
New media External links:
New Media (2010) – IMDb
What is new media? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Share this Rating. Title: New Media (2010) 7.8 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
Word-of-Mouth Marketing Is NOT Marketing
5 Ways to Maximize Word-of-Mouth Marketing – Entrepreneur
Marketing research External links:
Peters Marketing Research, Inc.
Participate in Paid Studies – AOC Marketing Research
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Mobile marketing External links:
SimplifiedSMS – Web-based SMS Mobile Marketing and …
1Q | Instant Mobile Marketing / Market Research
Short Code Registry – your source for Mobile Marketing
Customer Relationship Management External links:
PipelineDeals – Customer Relationship Management …
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management Software | SugarCRM
Hard sell External links:
Hard Sell Viagra | SunDrugstore
Hard Sell Movie Viagra | BestMedsUSA
Hard Sell Viagra Salesman | YourTrustedPharmacyOnline
Product marketing External links:
[PDF]California Milk and Dairy Product Marketing Provisions
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Native advertising External links:
MGID: Native Advertising Marketplace
Native Advertising – The Official Definition – Sharethrough
Ampush | Native Advertising Solution
Point of sale External links:
GoAntiquing! Point of Sale
POS System – Point of Sale for iPad and iPhone | SalesVu
Point of Sale Software & Solutions | NCR Counterpoint
Cold call External links:
7 steps to a perfect cold call – CBS News
The Best Cold Call Script Ever – HubSpot Blog
Cold Call | Definition of Cold Call by Merriam-Webster
Brand ambassador External links:
Why Brand Ambassadors Are Important – Entrepreneur
4 Ways to Build Your Brand Ambassador Dream Team